Winter Snow Tips

You and the Snow on Your Roof:

To Shovel or Not to Shovel?


Here are some winter snow tips, thanks to Hancock Inspection Services.

Snowstorm after snowstorm, you watch the snow piling up on your roof, inch by inch, and foot by foot. You have icicles upon icicles hanging from the eaves.  Should you get up on the roof and shovel it off?  A very good question.  You must first understand the potential dangers of having excessive snow and ice on your roof. There are two primary areas of concern.


The first is structurally related damage created by the excessive amounts of wet heavy snow.  On older roofs there is an even greater danger of structural issues.  Excessive snow weight can also cause structural damage such as cracked walls and weakened framing.  Cracking of walls and unusual noises within the structure are also signs of a structurally stressed building.  In this case, immediate snow removal is required.  Obviously, lower sloped roofs are more susceptible to this kind of damage, than steeper roofs.  Older homes are also more susceptible to this kind of damage, since they were built prior to today’s more stringent building and engineering codes.  Whenever you are in doubt, you should contact a professional engineer or home inspector to review the situation.


The second area of concern, is the ice on the eaves of the roof.  Ice dams are often caused by the ice build up the gutters.  Heat loss through the roof of the house melts the snow close to the roof and a dam is created.  This water now freezes and thaws through the temperature changes of night and day.  This thawing and freezing activity creates abnormal wear and tear on the shingles and can cause leaks into the home as water backs up underneath the shingles.


Both areas of concern, are excellent reasons for removing the snow from your roof.  The decision to remove snow from the roof area should be done so with safety as the primary concern.  This choice to venture up onto a snow and ice covered roof, should be made understanding this is a very dangerous situation and certain precautions taken.  You should always ensure that someone else will be home while you are on the roof.  This is in the event an accident does occur.   When you are on steeper roofs of over a 6/12 pitch you should ensure your safety, by tying yourself to a large roof object capable of supporting your weight, such as a chimney.  If you choose to hire an individual to do the work, be sure they are carrying the proper insurances.  You may even choose to have them sign a waiver of release of liabilities in the even of an accident and prevent a potential lawsuit.


Wear the proper clothing to include rubber-soled boots.  Rubber soled boots will provide the proper footing while on the roof.  Utilize plastic shovels, over metal shovels as they have less of a tendency to rip and tear asphalt and fiberglass shingles.  Always shovel using top to bottom strokes.  The reverse will cause you to catch the edges of the brittle shingles and cause permanent damage.  Never chip or forcefully lift ice from the roof, as this is yet another great way to cause permanent damage to the roof.  Remember the purpose of shoveling the roof is to remove the excessive weight and expose the ice to a natural melting condition.  Always ensure that the ladder you are using to access the roof is secured to the house to prevent a falling incident while accessing or exiting the roof. The ladder should also be free of ice and snow to prevent a slipping hazard.  Use extreme caution when exiting the roof as your muscles will most likely be stressed and tired.  These are just a few of the most common areas often overlooked when venturing up onto the roof.


Again, if you are unsure about when and how your roof should be cleaned, the best thing to do is hire a professional who is experienced in this line of work.

Insurance coverage for children in college

A question parents and their college-aged children don’t ask, but need to ask, is, “Will my college student(s) be covered under the parents’ Homeowners’ and Personal Auto policies while they’re living away from home and attending school?” The answer may be, “Yes.” However, the answer may be, “No.” And, sometimes the answer could be, “Maybe….”

Here we review how the parents’ Homeowners’ and Personal Auto policies cover their children when they’re away at college. A word of caution: This discussion is based on the wording of the Insurance Service Office’s (ISO) Homeowners’ and Personal Auto forms. Many insurers have their own company-specific forms, and their policy provisions may not be identical to those found in the ISO forms. As always, consult your insurers’ forms to determine if their terms and conditions are the same, broader or more restrictive than the terms and conditions discussed below.


The Millers’ 21-year-old son, Buster, and their 18-year-old daughter, Princess, have loaded their cars and are headed to college. Buster is entering his junior year, and Princess will be a freshman. Buster is sharing an apartment with three of his fraternity brothers, and Princess will live in the dormitory.


Homeowners’ policy

Will their “stuff” – clothes, computers, TVs, music systems, books, etc. – be covered under their parents’ Homeowners’ policy? Will they have liability coverage if they cause injury or damage to another person? The Homeowners’ definition of “insured” includes “a student enrolled in school full-time, as defined by the school, who was a resident of your household before moving out to attend school, provided the student is under the age of 24 and your relative.”

Therefore, as long as Buster and Princess satisfy three requirements – full-time student, resided at home before attending school, and under the age of 24 – they’re considered an insured under their parents’ Homeowners’ policy.

What if it takes Buster five or six years to complete his undergraduate degree or Princess decides to attend graduate school? If they reach the age of 25 before completing school, they’re no longer insureds. However, there is an ISO endorsement, Additional Insured – Student Living Away From the Residence Premises (HO 05 27), that can be used to extend coverage under the parents’ Homeowners’ policy to the student who is age 25 or older.

Since Buster and Princess are insureds, their “stuff” will be covered for the same perils as the personal property located in their parents’ home. However, it could be limited. The Homeowners’ policy’s limit of liability for “personal property usually located at an ‘insureds’ residence, other than the ‘residence premises,’ is 10 percent of the limit of liability for Coverage C, or $1,000, whichever is greater.”

Therefore, if the Millers’ home is insured for $200,000 and they have a personal property limit of $100,000, the “stuff” belonging to Buster and Princess is limited to $10,000. Again, there is an ISO endorsement to address this problem. The Personal Property at Other Residences endorsement (HO 04 50) allows you to purchase an additional amount above the 10 percent of Coverage C limitation.

One area where the Homeowners’ policy provides broader coverage for a student’s personal property than for their parents’ personal property is if the loss is due to theft. Under the peril of theft, the Homeowners’ policy excludes loss caused by theft “that occurs off the ‘residence premises’ of property while at any other residence owned by, rented to, or occupied by an ‘insured,’ except while an ‘insured’ is temporarily living there.” However, this exclusion then states, “Property of an ‘insured’ who is a student is covered while at the residence the student occupies to attend school as long as the student has been there at any time during the 60 days immediately before the loss.” This exception to the exclusion provides coverage for the personal property of college students when they’re home between semesters.

One last comment on Homeowners’ coverage for college students. If they’re living in an apartment rather than a dormitory or a fraternity or sorority house, and qualify, purchase a Tenant Homeowners policy (HO-4).


Personal Auto policy

Buster and Princess probably have their own cars. After all, it would be un-American to send a child off to college today without their own automobile. Are there any concerns here? Could be.

Who owns the cars? If titled in the kids’ names, then they need their own Personal Auto policies. What limits will they buy? Probably minimum. Since they’re “family members,” will they have any coverage under their parents’ Personal Auto policy? No. The Personal Auto policy excludes liability for “the ownership, maintenance or use of any vehicle, other than ‘your covered auto,’ which is owned by any ‘family member.’”

If the Millers have a Personal Umbrella, will Buster and Princess be insureds under that policy? Probably. However, in the event of a serious liability claim against Buster or Princess, there could be a major gap of no coverage since Buster and Princess did not purchase and maintain the underlying auto liability limits required by the Personal Umbrella insurer. This is a problem that frequently exists when the kids own the cars, buy the insurance and expect to have coverage under their parents’ Personal Umbrella policy.

What if the cars driven by Buster and Princess are owned by the parents?  No problem as long as they keep those cars listed on the Millers’ Personal Auto policy.

But, what if Mr. and Mrs. Miller are tired of paying those high premiums for the car driven by Buster and they tell him, “When you get settled in school, find a local agent and buy an auto policy in your name.” The Millers then remove that car from their Personal Auto policy.

What liability limits will Buster buy?  Minimum.  That’s guaranteed! Remember, the parents still own the car.  A good agent will probably discover whose name is on the title and list the Millers as named insureds on this minimum limits policy. A sorry agent may issue this policy in Buster’s name.

If Buster is involved in an accident, if the Millers are the named insureds, they will have those minimum limits. If the Millers are not named on the policy purchased by Buster, they could still be covered as “family members.” However, be careful here. Buster is probably insured with a nonstandard insurer whose terms are not as broad as the ISO Personal Auto policy.

What about coverage under their Personal Auto policy that has a liability limit of $300,000? No coverage there. The Personal Auto policy excludes liability for “the ownership, maintenance or use of any vehicle, other than ‘your covered auto,’ which is owned by you.” Again, a gap before the Personal Umbrella responds.

Too often parents of college kids think if they transfer the auto insurance to the kids, they’re getting rid of the exposure. Not true. In order to transfer the auto risk, you have to transfer the title.

FAQ: We’re Independent – Just Like You!

Here are a few things to consider when you are looking at purchasing insurance and from whom you are purchasing the coverage and peace of mind of being covered.


Q: What do you really know about insurance?

A: Do you fully understand why you have insurance, and how it’s supposed to work? When (or if?) you read your policy, do you understand what it means? Are you familiar with insurance law? If you’re like most people, you answered no to these questions. This is one reason why you need an independent insurance agent.


Whether you’re an individual or business, buying or shopping for insurance can be unwelcome and annoying – or simply taken lightly. To take it lightly is a mistake. Why? Because insurance is there to protect your most valuable assets – you and your home, cars, business and future. The worst time to find out you don’t have the right policy and coverages is when you need them the most, AFTER you’ve suffered a loss.


Q: What is an independent insurance agent?

A: Choosing the right kind of insurance agent can make a big difference in securing the best combination of price and value to fit your needs. Essentially, there are two kinds of insurance agents. One is the “captive agent”, such as those who work for Nationwide or State Farm. A captive agent represents a single company, and can only provide you with information or access to his company’s products. The other is an independent insurance agent. Independent agents have no exclusive relationship with any one company. With an independent agent, you get choices. Why? Because an independent agent represents many insurance companies at once, and works on your behalf to find the best possible rate and coverage to fit your specific needs.


Q: What about using a “direct writer” to purchase insurance?

A: “Direct writers” (such as Geico or Safe Auto), sell directly to consumers. As with captive agents, direct writers can only provide information and access to their company’s products.


Q: What does this mean for me? 

A: It means, without the experience of an independent agent to assist, inform and guide you, you’re taking on a level of risk you may not realize even exists.


Q: Why choose an independent insurance agent?

A: With an independent agent, in addition to having choices, you have the advantage of a licensed professional who will:


Evaluate and assess your individual risks and requirements;

Identify and tailor policies that are right for you;

Offer products to meet all of your insurance needs, including auto, home, business, life and flood;

Assist you when you have a claim;

Treat you like a person, and provide excellent, hands-on service.


An independent agent will help you understand what your policy actually covers, how much of a deductible to carry and how much coverage you need. When it comes to protecting your family, your assets and your future, you want to do it right, the first time!


Q: How do I know what I should do?

A: Making such a personal decision about your options is yours – and yours alone under the law.  As your independent insurance agent, I can help explain these options. Our agency’s job is to help provide you with information on these choices so you can make informed decisions.

Coup Agency Updates their Website

The Coup Agency recently updated their website ( to assist buyers and sellers with their real estate needs.  The most notable change is to their Home Search tab and page.

Rick Coup, Broker, noted that “we are really excited about our new searching capabilities on our website.  Searchers will have many choices to make it easier to find the right property.”  Some of those search features include the ability to search by: community/area, school district, address, Multiple Listing (MLS) number, Coup Agency listings, foreclosures, short sales, price ranges and rentals.

Visitors will also be able to search by the type of property, such as: single family, multi-family, land, farms, commercial, and condo/townhouse listings.  “As soon as a property goes on the market, with any Realtor, it will be available on our website. Our website is so much more timely than the national websites that many use to search for real estate,” according to Coup.

The site also has the capability to search for all the new area listings for the last 24-hour period, as well as a weekly “Hot Sheet” that features all properties that came on the market in the past week.

Those that would like additional features will be requested to register for the ability to save searches and listings, get updates on new listings and price changes, add messages, and to track your favorite listings.  A person will have the ability to bypass the request to register for those additional features if they are not wanted.

Visitors to the site will also have the ability to sign up for the Agency’s monthly newsletter and can read testimonials regarding of the services of the Coup Agency real estate agents from their clients in their own words.  The agency’s blog discusses many different insurance and real estate topics to help buyers and sellers as well as the general public have better insight to the real estate and insurance practices.

These are just a few of the new features on the website.  For all your real estate needs, visit our website.

Tax Planning With Life Insurance

Norm Jones A cash value life insurance policy is a product that helps to secure the financial futures of families upon the death of an individual and enjoys a very favorable tax status.


While payments into the policy are generally not tax-deductible (unless the policy is bought within a qualified
retirement program), the death proceeds are received by the policy beneficiaries free of income tax1.  This favorable tax treatment of the policy death benefit reflects the government’s acknowledgement that providing financially for one’s family is an undertaking that should be encouraged.


In addition, since the typical cash value life insurance policy is funded with equal payments over the lifetime of the insured, amounts paid in excess of the cost of insurance and other expenses in the early years of the policy are allowed to compound on a tax-deferred basis over the life of the policy.  This tax-deferred cash value growth may allow the policy to be “pre-funded” at reasonable amounts over the life of the policy, rather than requiring an increasing payment as the insured gets older and has a higher probability of dying – which is the way a typical term policy is structured.


The structure of a whole life insurance policy with level premiums helps to make a lifetime death benefit protection program work efficiently and remain in force until the insured eventually dies and proceeds can be paid to the family to meet its ongoing financial obligations.  Were the premium to increase each year, eventually the insured might find the cost of the insurance to be too much of a financial burden and discontinue making premium payments, perhaps leading to the lapse of the policy and loss of the needed insurance protection.


Another attractive feature of a cash value life insurance policy is the ability to take loans against the value of the policy2 which can be done without current income tax.  Proper policy design from inception is critical to having these intended tax advantages, which is why it is important to work with a knowledgeable life insurance professional.


Tax Form with a Man on topFor example, policy loans can be used for a number of purposes over the lifetime of the insured.  One typical use of policy loans is to pay for the increasing costs of attending college.  The death benefit of the policy also serves as a self-completing feature, were the insured to die prematurely, before the family has the opportunity to accumulate sufficient funds to send the children to college.   Life insurance cash values can also serve as a sort of “emergency fund”, which can be accessed when life throws the family a financial challenge.

Finally, policy cash values can be accessed income tax-free using policy loans and withdrawals in retirement as a source of supplemental retirement income.  Who among us could not use an additional source of retirement
income?  Of course, accessing policy funds during lifetime will decrease the total death benefit that will be paid out when the insured eventually passes on, and enough cash value must be left in the policy to keep it in-force until the death of the insured.  This is another reason why working with an insurance professional is so important.


Many families have come to recognize and appreciate the many tax advantages of cash value life insurance.  Structured properly, such a policy can offer both living and death benefits that complement well their other financial strategies.


To determine if the many tax-advantages of cash value life insurance should be a part of your financial strategy, contact a life insurance professional for a thorough review of your particular situation.  You may be surprised to find that you have a number of alternatives that may be able to help you and your family pursue greater financial security in these unsettled times.



  1. Internal Revenue Code § 101(a)(1).  There are some exceptions to this rule.  Please consult a
  2. qualified tax professional for advice concerning your individual situation.
  3. Policy loans and withdrawals reduce the policy’s cash value and death benefit and may result in a taxable event.  Withdrawals up to the basis paid into the contract and loans thereafter will not create an immediate taxable event, but substantial tax ramifications could result upon contract lapse or surrender.  Surrender charges may reduce the policy’s cash value in early years.

The views and information contained herein has been prepared independently of the presenting representative.  It is presented for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as tax advice.  Please consult with a tax professional before acting upon any such information.

Will Flood Insurance Reform Effect Real Estate?

If you live in a special flood hazard area, the short answer is YES.  Please read our previous blog article about the drastic changes to flood insurance to get a background.

As flood insurance rates rise almost 10-fold, many river communities such as Milton, Bloomsburg, Hughesville, Muncy, Jersey Shore and even Harrisburg are going to feel the effects of these new flood insurance reform.

By law, anyone who purchases a property in a special flood hazard zone and will be taking a mortgage on that home (or business), is required to purchase flood insurance on it.  Since 70% of the homes and businesses in the country finance the purchase of real estate, most will be effected by this reform.

When the full increase goes into effect, the cost of the flood insurance will be higher than most people’s principal and interest payments, making the purchase of a property in a special flood hazard area nearly impossible.  Unfortunately, these higher rates go into effect immediately for any new policies, thus if the buyer of real estate purchases a home or business in the flood area after October 1, 2013, they will pay the 10-fold increase immediately; there will be no phase-in period.  With this significant cost burden, buyers will choose not to look  at any property in the special flood hazard area, thus 70% of the potential buyers for these properties will no longer be potential purchasers of their homes or businesses.  With that said, real estate market values for homes or businesses in the special flood hazard area will drop significantly.  This will have a very dramatic effect starting October 1st of this year.

For those homeowners who currently own their home in the flood area, they will be unable to pay the increased cost of the flood insurance in a few years (25% increase each year) plus their principal and interest payments and will begin to walk away from their homes and let the banks repossess them, thus increasing the number of properties on the market and driving the real estate market down even lower.

Because the market values will have dropped significantly, a homeowner will be applying to their county’s assessment office for a re-assessment of their property.  All the government taxing bodies shall see a significant drop in their taxable values.  It is a total snowball effect that this act has on any property owners in the special flood hazard area.

We don’t profess to have the answers, but can only predict that this act will be the total demise of river towns such as Milton and any other communities that have significant flood plains.

We do know that after a flood, real estate market values do drop somewhat for several years after and people start to “forget” about the river and flooding.  That will no longer be the case — market values are about to drop significantly and for most homeowners (and business owners) their home/building is one of their largest assets.  Not any more.

Our US Senators Casey and Toomey need to hear from you and hear your concern on this issue as well as our local House of Representative Tom Marino.  It is important that you contact all of them, not just one, so they all hear your concerns.  Here are they links to their websites:

Senator Pat Toomey:   Phone: 717-782-3951

Senator Bob Casey:         Phone: 202-224-6324

House Representative Tom Marino:                Phone: 570-374-9469

Drastic Change to Flood Insurance

The Biggert Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012, unless changed, will bring an end to all our lovely riverside communities that are subject to flooding.  In the past several years the climate has changed, flooding has become more wide spread and hurricanes Katrina and Sandy have combined to leave the National Flood Insurance Program Billions in debt.   Last year Congress, knowing that the red ink had to stop, passed the Biggert Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act.  What they told us sounded reasonable, flood insurance rates would have to go up and the government would no longer help pay the rates for second homes.  Now FEMA has released the regulations and insurance rates that will go into effect on October 1, 2013.

For existing flood insurance clients in special hazard zones (Zones that start with an “A”) the rates for owner-occupied homes will increase about 10% per year and all other policies will increase 25% per year until they hit the new actual rates.  To determine the new actual rates policyholders will have to pay to have an Elevation Certificate done by a licensed surveyor or engineer.  It will be this Elevation Certificate that will show where the first floor (the basement) sits in relation to the Base Flood Elevation.  In our town of Milton, the Base Flood Elevation is the same as the 1972 flood level.

For every new policy after 10/1/13 (or a late payment and lapsed policy rewrite) policyholders will have to have to pay for an elevation certificate (normally in the $300-$700 range depending on how close a benchmark is) and the new actual rates.  Also, anyone who started a new policy after 7/6/12 will have to get an elevation certificate and pay the new rates when their policy renews the first time.

For policyholders that are in flood zones B, C or X (low hazard areas) they will see small and reasonable increases in their premiums and in most cases will still qualify for a “Preferred Risk Policy”.

But policyholders in the A Zones, the high risk areas where the homes and building often have basements that are 15 or more feet below the Base Flood Elevation (BFE) will see large rate increases until they get a flood elevation certificate and lock in the following new rates:

Each of these quotes are for $100,000 coverage on the building/house and $20,000 on the contents with a $2,000 deductible which applies separately to the building and contents:

1 Family Dwelling:

With current subsidized rates:  $1,063.

New rates with an elevation certificate showing the basement at 15 feet below the 100 year flood level BFE:  $12,936!

Non-Residential Building:

With current subsidized rates: $1,123.

New rates with an elevation certificate showing the basement at 15 feet below the 100 year flood level BFE: 17,782!

Tenants in these buildings have to pay rates on their contents based on the basement floor too even if they only rent the 2nd floor of the building!

Homeowners will have to consider moving all their utilities, heat & water systems to their 2nd floors and literally fill in their basements so that their main floor becomes their “first” floor.  If by doing that the first floor is only 6 feet below the BFE the new rates will be $2,675 –  still a lot more than they are paying now but at least something reasonable.

Our only hope is to convince Congress to amend the Act to allow for some sort of long-term subsidized rates for homes and buildings built before the days of flood insurance.  If we can’t, things are going to get ugly fast in “River Towns USA”.

We urge everyone with a property in a Special Flood Hazard Area to call your flood insurance agent to discuss your options.

Spring Has Sprung!

But spring and mother nature often conspire to bring flooding rains and fast melting snow packs.  Our area knows all too well the loss and destruction caused when our beautiful river and its tributaries flood.

We want to help you understand flood insurance with some questions and answers about flood insurance.  We hope this information is useful in helping you better understand this type of insurance – when it is needed and what it covers.


Imagine you’re home relaxing, when you hear the local weatherman advise that your town is under a severe thunderstorm and flash flood warning — again!  You pause and wonder “Will my home and business be covered if I have flood damage?”

Q: Will my standard homeowners’ or business policy provide coverage for flood damage?    

A: NO! Neither the standard homeowners’, nor commercial, nor renters’ nor condominium policy provides coverage for water damage due to flood, for either the building or personal property.

Q: What is flood insurance?

A: In simple terms, flood insurance covers direct physical losses caused by floods, flood-related erosion, severe rainstorms, flash floods, hurricanes and snow melt. Flood insurance is offered under a Federal government program know as the National Flood Insurance Program.

Q: If flood insurance is offered under a Federal program, can I still purchase it using my own insurance agent?

A: Yes. You can purchase flood insurance directly through your agent, the very same way you purchase your home, life and car insurance.

Q: What coverages are included under a standard flood insurance policy?

A: There are two separate aspects/types of flood insurance coverage:

1) building property and (2) personal property, each of which is purchased separately (you are encouraged to purchase both types of coverage).  Building property coverage protects the structure, and generally covers:

  • The insured building and its foundation
  • The electrical and plumbing systems
  • Central air conditioning equipment, furnaces and water heaters
  • Refrigerators, cooking stoves and built-in appliances, such as dishwashers
  • Permanently installed carpeting over an unfinished floor
  • Permanently installed paneling, wallboard, bookcases and cabinets
  • Detached garages (up to 10 percent of building property coverage).  Detached buildings (other than garages) require a separate building property policy
  • Debris removal Personal property coverage generally covers:
  • Curtains
  • Personal belongings, including clothing, furniture and electrical equipment
  •  Portable and window air conditioners
  • Carpets not included in building property coverage
  • Washers and dryers
  • Food freezers and their contents
  • Certain valuable items such as original artwork and furs

Q: I’ve heard the price of flood insurance can vary widely. Is this true?

A: No. Flood insurance rates are determined and set by the Federal Government, so price shopping and price comparison are unnecessary.

Q: My home isn’t located in a high risk flood zone. Why would I need flood insurance?

A: Flooding can affect you even if you don’t live near water. Approximately 25 percent of all claims are from what are considered low-to-moderate risk areas. If your home is located in a low-to-moderate risk area, you may be eligible for a lower cost Preferred Risk Policy.

Q: Can I purchase flood insurance immediately before a flood occurs, or when it is occurring?

A: Normally, there is a 30 day waiting period before a flood policy become effective, but there are exceptions, which your independent agent can explain.

Q: Is flood insurance only available to homeowners?

A: No. Flood insurance is also available to renters, and condominium and business owners.

Q: Will my standard homeowners’ or business policy provide coverage from a sewer or drain backup, or sump pump failure?

A: NO! Neither the standard homeowners’, nor commercial, nor renters’ nor condominium policy provides this type of coverage. However, at the time of initial application, and at each policy renewal, insurers in Maryland are required to offer this optional coverage as an “add-on” to their standard policy, for a nominal price, which can cover the cost of damages and clean-up associated with this type of event.

Q: How do I know what I should do? A: Making such a decision about your options is yours — and yours alone under the law. As your independent insurance agent, I can help explain these options. Our agency’s job is to help provide you with information, so you can make informed decisions.

Making Your Home Safer For Children

Make your home a little safer for those “little ones”!  Whether you have one “on the way”, already have one or some, or the grandchildren are coming to visit, you may find these tips helpful!



Visit for more articles like this.


Congratulations to our Insurance Sales Associate

Danielle RadelLeading local insurance associate Danielle Radel, ACSR of the Coup Agency in Milton and Lewisburg has been named the company’s top producer for the 1st quarter of 2012.


“This award was established to recognize the efforts of the agency’s sales team who perform at the highest level for the previous quarter.  We are proud to acknowledge Danielle’s commitment, teamwork, accountability, positive attitude, overall productivity and ability to effectively handle changes in her areas of expertise,” explained R. Jeffrey Coup, President of the Coup Agency.  “We foster a team effort in our organization and Danielle has shown that spirit of partnership with the other employees and with her customers.”


The Coup Agency has been serving the insurance and real estate needs of the central Susquehanna Valley for over 70 years.  It is a fourth generation business and has seen strong growth throughout its history.  The key to that growth is by simply offering the highest degree of respect and professional service to clients and prospects.  The entire staff of the Coup Agency believes in friendly, professional service and follows management’s lead of service to their customers and to the community.

 For more information visit The Coup Agency’s Insurance Website.