From Artist Pamela Snyder-Etters: In 1933 The Capitol Theatre was built on Broadway in Milton, PA by the Comerford Chain. Comerford was well known for constructing well built facilities that were extremely ornate even in small towns. The Capitol Theatre was a hot spot through the 1950’s and early 1960’s, but started to lose some of its impact becoming a mere shadow of the original theatre. In 1972 a young star of the Pittsburgh based Associated Theatres, Jack Oberleitner, along with Thomas Poling (Piqua, Ohio), Jack Hogan (noted central Pennsylvania projectionist), and several others formed the Cinestage Group, Inc. This group purchased the Capitol Theatre and researched its past in order to restore it to its original splendor. August 6, 1972 marked the grand reopening of the refurbished Capitol Theatre, and excited patrons lined up for blocks to watch the 1933 version of “King Kong” and several classic shorts featuring Shirley Temple, W.C. Fields and Laurel and Hardy. Ownership changed hands once again when Oberleitner sold it to William Cloninger and others. Two years after the reopening a historic flood damaged much of the theatre but the Capitol bounced back once again. Tragically one year later the Capitol Theatre burned due to some electrical malfunctions and had to be demolished never to be rebuilt. To honor what this theatre brought to the community of Milton we will construct a Capitol Theatre mural on the building adjacent to the vacant lot where the Capitol once stood.